- The positive impacts of full time PE at all Elementary schools
- Taking movement breaks for both staff and students to play, walk, and talk together.
- $1500 Grant awards from NW Health Foundation/LEt's Move Active Schools for View, Wood, OE, & PL and $3000 for Meadows!!
- Parklane came in First Place for the October Fire Up Your Feet Challenge winning $2500
- CMS came in third in the Fire Up Your Feet Challenge winning $1000
- CHS has brand new cafeteria serving bars that allow ALL students to get a full salad and to move through the line quickly.
- Over 12,000 Farm to School Meals have been served for lunch that feature a main entree of a locally sourced meat and local fruits and veggies!!
We also found a few areas that Centennial needs to focus on for the upcoming school year to better support our students and staff.
- Always offer a health food option during a classroom celebration. Pizza parties are great but put out a bowl of carrots or apples to give another option (or maybe just have extra recess!)
- A K-6th grade Health Curriculum
- Resources for staff to better understand working with trauma informed practices
- Supporting our hard-working staff with at-work wellness opportunites from the WOW committee!
Thank you Centennial for all that you do everyday!
See the full presentation with the assessments here:
Prezi Presentation: http://prezi.com/lyk8etv95ew4/?utm_campaign=share&utm_medium=copy&rc=ex0share